- Cook a meal at home—Use organic, local produce of course!
- Enjoy the great outdoors—Start a garden, go for a hike or simply take a walk through the park.
- Go stargazing—There’s something romantic about the constellations. Bundle up and enjoy the stories told by the night sky!
No Valentine’s Day is complete without a gift for your sweetheart. These gift ideas will show that special someone just how green your heart is:
- Buy organic—Conventional flowers are filled with pesticides. Buy from local or certified organic sources instead. Even better, try a potted plant for love that’ll never wilt.
- Life is like a box of chocolates—If you buy organic, she’ll know exactly what she’s going to get.
- Handmade green gifts—Nothing says I love you more than a handmade gift. Use upcycled materials to create anything from a candle jar to a one-of-a-kind greeting card.
How green is your special day going to be? After all, this Valentine’s Day, green is the new red!