When encountering things about energy, do you ever come across an electricity word or energy phrase that you’re not really sure what it means? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Check out our list of the top five energy terms and electricity definitions people want to know more about.
- Energy: Available in several forms, many of which are easily convertible and can be transformed into an alternative form, energy is the capacity for doing work as measured in potential or kinetic energy.
- Kilowatt-hour (kWh): A unit of work or energy, a kWh is measured as one kilowatt of power expended for one hour.
- Energy demand: This is the amount of energy needed or used to provide products and/or services to consumers.
- Electric Current: The flow of electric charge, electric currents are typically measured in amperes (or amp, for short).
- Consumption: The end use of energy and energy sources, such as electrical energy, usually measured in kilowatt-hours.