Happy Monday to all! How was your weekend? Those temps are starting to climb. How are you keeping cool? Summer can definitely burn a hole through your wallet if you’re not careful. But have no fear, Direct Energy is here! We have the perfect summer survival guide when it comes to your air conditioner.
- Get a checkup. This will give you a good picture of your air conditioner’s overall health and determine if you need to get a technician to look at it.
- Find a qualified technician. Someone with NATE credentials (National Alliance for Technical Education) has been certified to do the job right.
- Beware of leaks. Leaky ductwork can waste energy and allow lots of air full of pollutants into your home.
- Make sure you have the right amount of refrigerant. Your AC unit depends on a very precise, strategic refrigerant charge to operate correctly, so balance is essential.
- See what’s going on outside. Your AC unit is exposed to inevitable wear-and-tear from the elements, so make sure you are always keeping an eye on it.